Tuesday 9 September 2014

600 Steps & 6 Tips to perform better!

600 Steps for 6 Tips on How to perform better!

Yesterday, I suffered a little :-)

I climbed up the infamous 600 steps at Glendalough on the Spinc walk, all so as to clear my head and gather my thoughts after a few busy days. Actually....I only suffered a little (at the start) the steps are very tough but once up and your panting has subsided the view is SPECTACULAR!
Here is a link to this if your interested http://www.wicklowmountainsnationalpark.ie/walkingtrails.html

The afternoon  was superb and I spotted Red Kites, rabbits, cranes, deer and Stags! Really incredible.

While walking I had a lot of time to reflect on life and puffing my way up those steps I got to thinking about motivation and how to improve performance.

Even I, caught myself a number of times saying to myself 'I cant, I cant', as I puffed my way up.
With all my training! What was this voice doing in my head??

BUT...I didn't stop and that's what counts. I noticed the voice, which dissolved its hold on me once it became conscious, (remember this!). So, I walked on and with each step I pondered more and more on how often we happen not to notice those unconscious influences...........

Pretty much ALL the time, unfortunately.

Because they don't come just from ourselves and our inner voice.
Yes, that voice that is now asking.. 'What voice...Do I have an inner voice?'

These influences are all around us and our unconscious and our visual cortex are constantly working and influencing and PRIMING your mind.

Let me give you an example of PRIMING.
Below are a few words with that have nothing to do with this newsletter -
  • car
  • gasoline
  • petroleum
  • mileage
  • distance
  • efficiency
Now fill in the blanks so as to complete the following word -   F _ _ L
Chances are that your brain chose a word related to the list above, even though there are many other possible alternatives!
Now ask yourself by going through the alphabet to consider other choices you could have selected. There are lots of possibilities but the priming effect very likely got your brain fixated on one that matched the previous words, right??

So what does this mean and more importantly how can this be actually useful to know???

Well, your unconscious is constantly picking up everything around (which it is) You may have heard me saying this before - your conscious mind picks up about 7 - 9 pieces of info while your unconscious processes billions at every moment.

So, while this is happening it is picking up all negative stuff also, yep??

For example - Say you read the daily paper. So your mind gets primed with words like these below - (which are actually taken from News’ headlines!)
  • denounce
  • fight
  • die
  • death
  • sombre
  • slain
  • fears
  • concerns
  • dismissed
  • defiant
  • avoids
  • risk
  • pandemic
Okay, you've read this news in the morning and primed your brain with words like the above! What’s the priming effect???? What other thoughts, feelings or ideas are being pre-empted because they’re relative to the above? MMMM, How about.... 'Danger! I’m frightened! I need to play it safe and protect what I have! I can’t afford to take risks! etc etc...... 

Then you check your social media - facebook etc etc - Your friends are sharing the usual trivialities. What's the Priming effect??  How about.....'Not important. Wasting time. Boring. Pointless. Petty drama. Feeling inadequate. Jealousy.' ..... Your getting the idea now.

And its also in other stuff, not just words.
The messy office desk = 'Disorganised. Scatter brained. Not enough time. Confused.'
The quick fix Fast Food Dinner = 'Cheap. Don't deserve to look after myself. Fat Lazy.'

The list goes on and on....! So of course that would all demotivate you, right??

So HOW can YOU help yourself counteract all this stuff??

Here is what I came up with going up those steps :-)

6 Tips on How to Perform better!
(Ooooh yea in the bedroom also!!)


1) Keep a diary beside your bed and last thing at night and first thing in the morning (the best times) write down what you are grateful for. Get your mind focusing in the right direction!
Priming effect = 'Abundance. Opportunities. Gifts. Feeling lucky.'

2) First thing in the morning look at yourself in the mirror and say 'I love myself' plus anything else you want to add, like how incredible you are. Give yourself some love and if near a loved one have a cuddle!
This translates as Priming effect = Affection. I am loved. Happy. Feeling lucky (again)!

3) Leave little notes around and good WORDS. Leave some on the fridge, press, wardrobe and side of computer screen. Anywhere your unconscious will take it in. Write down words that relate to what you want to achieve - For example - Success. Focus. Clarity. Motivation. Energy.
Priming effect  = Yep! More of the above!

4) Keep your living and workspace clean, tidy and organized. Take pride in it.
Priming effect = Efficient. Professional. Focused. Motivated.

5) Take care of yourself. Take pride in your appearance and health.
Priming effect = I deserve this. I am worthy. Best. Quality. Pride.

6) Speak to yourself better! Dissolve the power of negative words you use by counteracting them with positive. Change - not to will. But to and. Stupid to smart. Ugly to beautiful. etc etc. Say it over and over and when you hear.... I cant - keep changing it to I CAN!
Priming effect = More motivation. Focus. Clarity. Drive. Ambition. Happiness, etc etc.....

I really hope you got this! Here are some more ways for you to Master your Mind! http://theblackbeltmastermind.com/the-top-7-ways-to-master-your-mind-for-success/
 And here is a bonus one just for you ....

7) Help others - Find your purpose and true meaning and surround yourself with its messages.
Priming effect = Driving Passion. Love. Purpose. Motivation. Empowered.Fulfilment.

So for that I will thank you, for you help me x
Once I discovered my purpose everything changed - Here is What NOT to do!
The Top things Unsuccessful people do! http://www.neurocombatives.blogspot.ie/

My Bootcamp on Saturday re inspired me and I have been receiving such beautiful emails from my wonderful new Blackbelt Masterminds. Thank you for being incredible x

My next Bootcamp is in October and my next NLP Practioner is in November!!! - Dublin -
Please let me know if you want to be a part of it! You can read some testimonials here - htpp://www.theblackbeltmastermind.com/testimonials/

In the 'kind'time keep dreaming big and rocking this life!

Lots of love,

Danielle x

Your Mind Coach
Come over and see me at www.theblackbeltmastermind.com
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment